Do you need to renew your emirates ID? Don’t worry, we have the solution, so you don’t make any mistakes in the process.
The Emirates ID Renew process can be done online, but like any procedure it has a few steps that the UAE authorities have detailed. We walk you through the procedure step by step and together we will ensure that you successfully renew your emirates ID.
Let’s get started.
How I can Renew my Emirates ID ?
Only five steps required for renew ID.
1. Register and create in UAE PASS ⇨ link, and log in smarth services application. Please note that registration is only available for these categories:
- UAE Residents
- GCC Citizens
- GCC Residents
2. Chose ID Card Renewal Service
3. Submit the application and pay fess (costs later)
4. You will receive a text message with the completion and success of the operation
5. Receive the card through the approved delivery company
As you can see, the process is very easy. Only with your smartphone you can renew your card in five minutes. See this video of how to?
✍ What Documents required?
Make up this documents for renew your ID, list below:
- Original, a copy or details of the expired ID card.
- A personal photo (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) with a white background for those under 15 years old, the elderly, and people with determination whose health condition does not enable them to visit a service center, based on medical reports to that effect.
- Original of the birth certificate for those under 15 years old.
- Passport or UAE ID card of either parent (for those under 15 years old)
- Social insurance certificate attested from the Ministry of Community Development (for those benefiting from social insurance) to be exempted for the ID card issuance fees.
- A valid medical report from the Ministry of Health or UAE health authority to exempt people with determination or the elderly from ID card issuance fees.
- Original POA for the person acting on behalf of the customer, if the competent person is absent and the application is submitted by a third party.
What cost have Renewed Emirates ID? (Updated to 2022)
Prices for UAE Citizen:
When can you get your emirates ID renewed?
After the expiration date on your Emirates ID, you have 30 days to renew it before late charges begin to accrue. The Emirate of Dubai does not have its own driver’s license. However, it is valid for use in other emirates within the UAE as well as foreign countries with which the United Arab Emirates has free visa policies.
It’s possible that you’ll have to go to one of FAIC’s service centers or preventative health facilities to provide your biometric data.
When can I renew my Emirates ID?
- Between six and one month before the expiration date, UAE nationals may renew their Emirates ID.
- Residents of the United Arab Emirates can only apply for renewal when their residence visa is renewed or replaced.