Your Emirates ID Card is A Document for Residents and Visitors to the UAE. When you first land at Dubai International Airport, what is one of the very first things that you will need? If your answer was a visa, then congratulations – you are correct!
However, if we went with our gut feeling and said an Emirates ID card would be another important thing, then we would also be right.
An Emirates ID card is not just a piece of plastic, it is a lifesaver. On this website, residents and visitors can access these essential services information for the use of this card.
We have all the guides and solutions for all questions:
- How to request a new ID card?
- How to renew the citizen ID card?
- How to renew your expat ID card?
- Information on how the Emirates ID card status is checked
And many more services that we offer on our website.
- 1 What is Emirates ID?
- 2 What features have ID card?
- 3 How to Getting Emirates ID?
- 4 Watch this video with official UAE information
- 5 How do I Renew my Emirates ID card?
- 6 Replacing a lost, stolen or damaged Emirates ID card – Don’t worry 4 step solution
- 7 I need to update the Emirates ID details, how?
- 8 How to Cancelling my Emirates ID (resident VISA)?
What is Emirates ID?
Emirates ID is a national identification card issued by the government of United Arab Emirates. It can be used in place of both your passport and driving license when traveling to certain countries outside UAE borders, such as Oman or Saudi Arabia since they have their own separate visa requirements for visitors from abroad which do not overlap with those required inside Emirates Immigration
It provides invaluable proof that you’re legally allowed into another country because it has been confirmed through local authorities who monitor travellers entering via major international airports like Dubai International Airport (DXB) sufficiently closely during peak seasons so there’s no need whatsoever to take any chances!
Every emirate resident and visitor must register with the Emirates ID and emirates Driving License Authority. It’s a document that is valid for life and its purpose is to provide identification.
Emirates ID is issued by Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship. It is a legal requirement for all UAE citizens and residents to apply for one and always carry it with them.
According to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, it is ilegal to take the Emirates ID cards of other people. Companies are not permitted to keep their workers or clients Emirates ID card or visitors documents. THey many only acces to cardholders personal information, Carholders should contact the coirt if they believe their card has been misused.
What features have ID card?
Most people don’t know what features an ID card has.
The Emirates Identity Authority (IDA) is the issuer and manager of the ID cards in the UAE. An electronic identity card is a smartcard that contains personal information about its holder, including his/her name, date of birth, nationality and place of residence.
It also includes a digital signature certificate for secure online authentication (e-signature), which can be used to prove your identity electronically when carrying out transactions with federal or local government agencies or private companies in the country.
This web site will explain all you need to know about ID cards in UAE and how they work!
How to Getting Emirates ID?
You can get an ID in two ways:
- Complete the electronic form at one of the authorised typing offices.
- Go to the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) and apply online.
The application will send you an SMS indicating the steps to follow.
Emirates ID is a mandatory document in UAE, which every resident must have if he/she wishes to perform any transaction with government departments or private companies. This card can be used as an alternative identity proof along with other documents like passport, driving license etc
For getting an Emirates ID card, you need to visit your nearest authorised typing centre that are located across UAE cities. At these centres you need to provide required documents for verification purpose and pay prescribed fees before submitting your application form.
You will receive SMS regarding registration date and time from FAIC after filling up the application form on their official website online form.
⌚ Do you need Emirates ID fast? Discover how to get it within 24 hours
You don’t have your Emirates ID card. What are the documents required to apply for an urgent service?
- first time registration
- renewal of expired cards
- lost or damaged cards.
If you want to get your new Emirates ID card in less than 24 hours, you need to make sure that all the information on it is correct. Otherwise, you might face some problems when dealing with UAE authorities or applying for jobs and traveling abroad
Here’s how you can get your Emirates ID within 24 hours without wasting time at any of the government offices in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) offers an ‘Urgent Service Fawri’ that allows applicants to receive their cards within just one day after submitting all necessary documents.
This service is available against a fee plus an additional urgent service charge, but if done correctly will save lots of time and money in case of emergency situations like visa renewal applications or job interviews abroad etc..
Fast 24h service is available at the following FAIC Customers Happiness Centres:
- Al Jazeera and Khalifa City in Abu Dhabi
- Al Barsha, Al Rashidiya and Karama in Dubai
- Madinat Zayed in the Western Region
- Al Ain Centre
- Sharjah Centre
- Ajman Centre
- Fujairah Centre
- Ras Al Khaimah Centre
- Umm Al Quwain Centre.
Watch this video with official UAE information
In this video you can see an explanation of how to get your Emirates ID card for the first time.
How do I Renew my Emirates ID card?
The Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA) has a renewal service for those who have lost their national identity cards. You can use this service to get a new passport or replace your old one if it is damaged, lost, stolen or destroyed.
To apply for the renewal of an expired Emirates ID card you need to visit any one of EIDA’s service centres in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Alternatively, you can also use online services provided by EIDA which include filling out the application form and paying the required fee through credit/debit cards or e-payment systems such as Paypal and MOLPay.
Once your payment has been processed successfully, you will receive a confirmation email from EIDA containing all relevant details including instructions on how to collect your renewed identification document.
Replacing a lost, stolen or damaged Emirates ID card – Don’t worry 4 step solution
If your Emirates ID card is lost or stolen, or damaged, you must immediately contact the Federal Authority for Citizenship and Identity (ICA) to request a replacement. To acquire an Emirates ID card replaced, follow these steps:
- Contact the closest ICA Customer Happiness Centre to report the incident so that the stolen or lost card is immediately disabled. If you don’t have your ID number, ask for confirmation of it or a copy of your missing ID from ICA. Bring both cards if they’re damaged. When reporting an issue, keep in mind to bring your identification documents to
- Fill out an application form at any of ICA’s Customer Happiness Centres, the eForm on the ICA website, iTunes, Google Play, or request replacement of your ID card after reporting the issue.
- The fees The applicant must pay AED 300 for a lost or destroyed ID, in addition to application costs of AED 70 for typing centers and AED 40 for the ICA website’s eForm. These charges apply to all UAE nationals, GCC residents, and foreign nationals who live in the UAE. For an expedited ID replacement service at I
- Collect your new ID card
Attention: Documents you must have before reporting the incident.
- UAE residents must possess an original valid passport and a family book.
- The UAE requires GCC nationals to produce a document showing proof of residency.
- Residents who are not yet citizens must present their original passport with a valid residency permit stamped on it.
- If the lost ID belongs to a minor who is under the age of 15, the parent must bring with him an original birth certificate and a photo of the kid against a white background.
You will receive a text message informing you of the status of your application and the anticipated delivery date. Within 48 hours after submitting the replacement application, you will receive an ID card.
Within 24 hours of submitting the replacement application, individuals who applied for express service will receive their ID card. To obtain the card, contact Emirates Post after receiving a notification from ICA about its availability.
Do you need more help or information? Call now to contact ICA Call Centre on 6005 30003.
I need to update the Emirates ID details, how?
Do you need to update any information on your Emirates ID?
If any change is made that motivates you to inform the competent ICA department, such as: Change the mobile phone number of your emirates ID, If your passport is lost or stolen, you must visit one of the ICA’s customer happiness centers with your primary passport and Emirates ID card.
How to Cancelling my Emirates ID (resident VISA)?
If you want to cancel your visa, you must definitely hand over your Emirates ID card to the respective General Directorate for Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
They carry out the management of delivering your identification to the issuing Federal Identity and Citizenship Authority (FAIC).
Do you need more information? Contact Chat Ask Hammad